This week we meet D.C. based artist Molly Springfield. Molly's graphite drawings transform texts into images, and her assignment for you asks you to consider how repeating a process can turn a copy into an original.
1. Select a page from a book and make a photocopy of it
2. Make a photocopy of the photocopy and make changes, if you like, by enlarging, reducing, etc.
3. Repeat step #2 until the original has been transformed into a new image
4. Upload the final copy using #theartassignment (Extra credit if you make a work in a new medium!)
5. Fame and glory (Your work might be in a future episode)