Check out more of Jon's work.
This week we meet with Jon Rubin, a Pittsburgh based artist whose practice often focuses on cultural exchange, pushing us to imagine other people and their lives more complexly. For his assignment, he asks you to do the same by bridging the gap between you and your neighbor.
1. Tell a neighbor that you’re participating in an art project and that you want to film one of their rooms
2. Record (in landscape!) through that room from left to right, being as slow and stable as possible.
3. Make sure to have an object or wall in the foreground of the in point and out point
4. Upload your best take using #theartassignment
5. Fame and glory (your work might be in a future episode)