Learn more about Alec's work.
Alec Soth is a photographer who works on large-scale projects that play with the boundaries between his roles as a fine art photographer and photojournalist. This week, he asks you to take on the role of a newspaper photographer and report on a story from a different perspective.
1. Pick a story from a news source and follow up with it
2. Look for something that wasn’t covered in the story and take a photo of it
3. Write an accompanying text that pushes the viewer in a different direction
4. Upload your photo and caption with #theartassignment
5. Fame and glory (Your work might be in a future episode)