In which we visit the Kansas City, Missouri, shop of fashion designer Peggy Noland and talk to her and her dad, artist Garry Noland, about influence. They give us the assignment to make an artwork in the style of someone whose work you admire.
1. Choose an artist or a maker.
2. Get to know their work and practice.
3. Make something in that style.
4. Upload it to the social media platform of your choice using #theartassignment, telling us who you've chosen and how they've influenced you.
5. Fame & glory. (Your work might be featured in an upcoming episode.)