Learn more about Sonya's work.
Today we talk to textile artist Sonya Clark, who applies the techniques of textile work to represent her personal and cultural history. Her assignment draws on her insightful approach to histories and asks you to represent yours.
1. Think about an aspect of your personal or cultural history that is hard to imagine
2. Select a material to quantify, measure, and actualize that history
3. Or, do something familiar to you for as long as you can and measure it to see what it lines up with from your personal or cultural history
4. Upload documentation of your experience using #theartassignment
5. Fame and glory (Your work might be in a future episode)