Learn more about Jesse's work.
This week we meet with Jesse Sugarmann, whose artwork considers how the automotive industry shapes the way we live and construct our identities. His assignment asks you to think about the way car consumerism, and the aesthetic choices behind it, has shaped you and your family. Let's talk cars.
1. Ask members of your family what kind of cars they’ve owned and when. Make a list.
2. Select a timeframe for your data
3. Choose an element of the car you would like to focus on
4. Take these elements and create a data visualization system
5. Share using #theartassignment
6. Fame and glory (Your work might be in a future episode)